What type of identification do I need to fly within the United States?

You will need a valid State of Maine ID, Drivers License or a Passport. Visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s website.

As of May 3, 2023 you will need to be Real ID compliant if traveling only with a State of Maine ID or Drivers License.  Visit the Real ID website.

I am traveling with my child, what do I need to bring for identification?
Flying within the United States accompanied by an adult: The TSA and majority of airlines do not require children under the age of 18 to provide ID when traveling with an adult companion who has acceptable identification. For more information visit the TSA website.
How early should I arrive for my flight?

We recommend you arrive 2 hours prior to your flight. This will allow time for checking in, checking baggage, proceeding through TSA and making it to your gate. The plane will start boarding approximately 30 minutes prior to take off.

What can I take in my carry-on bag?

For carry on baggage you must follow the 3-1-1 rules for liquids. You are allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes in your carry-on bag and through the checkpoint. These are limited to travel-sized containers that are 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item.

Exemptions to this rule are:

For more information on what is allowed/not allowed in a carry on item please visit the TSA “What Can I Bring?” website.

How much does it cost to park at the airport ?

Long Term Parking is $11 per day, once you reach 7 days it is $10 for the first 7 days and $11 each day after.

Short Term Parking is $1 per any portion of 30 minutes up to $17 for the day.

Who should I contact for information on traveling with a service animal or pet?

You must work directly with the airline you are planning to travel with for arrangements for service animals or pets.

The U.S. Department of Transportation is revising its Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA) regulation on the transportation of service animals by air to ensure a safe and accessible air transportation system. For more information, visit the U.S. Department of Transportation Traveling by Air with Service Animals page.

For Service Animals, BGR’s Service Animal Relief Area (SARA) is located post-security near gate 1.





Do you have Wi-fi?

Wi-Fi service is available at no cost to our passengers.

How do I arrange for wheelchair assistance for myself or a family member?

You may pre-arrange for a wheelchair and other special needs assistance with your airline prior to your departure date.

Where can I find information on FAA drone regulations?

If you are looking for information on drones, please visit the FAA’s website here.