Delta announces 3 new routes for BGR
Delta Airlines is announcing daily service from Bangor to Boston starting May 5, and Saturday only service from Bangor to Atlanta and Detroit on May 8.
Summer travel at your leisure: Delta connects customers to 20+ mountain, beach and vacation destinations with new, increased flying
- Nine brand-new routes enhance connectivity to popular destinations
- More nonstop flights to 20+ mountain, beach, outdoor and other leisure destinations
- Service to four Caribbean markets resumes this summer
Delta will introduce nine brand-new routes and add flights to more than 20 top leisure destinations this summer – a move that follows renewed optimism and growing customer confidence in upcoming travel. The increased summer service complements our recently announced Alaska service expansion.
Throughout the pandemic, Delta has consistently listened to customers and put their travel experience at the center of everything we do, including connecting them with where they want to go most.
“We’re looking forward to reconnecting more customers with their love of travel this summer, with more flights and convenient connections across Delta’s network,” said Delta’s Joe Esposito, S.V.P. – Network Planning. “Our commitment to the health and safety of everyone on board always comes first, and those planning a summer getaway will also enjoy Delta’s unparalleled service across the journey from booking to baggage claim.”
In addition to providing layers of protection for safer, more flexible travel as part of the Delta CareStandard, customers can also continue to expect a superior onboard experience with touchless technology via the Fly Delta app and onboard, hundreds of new in-flight entertainment options available for free on Delta Studio, and plans to deliver new high-speed Wi-Fi on board this year.
NEW & EXPANDED SERVICE TO MOUNTAIN TOWNS, OUTDOOR DESTINATIONS
Delta is adding new routes and expanding existing service to seven destinations popular with adventurous travelers looking to explore and reconnect with the great outdoors. This includes Montana, where Delta will offer more service this summer than any other carrier.
Bozeman, Mont. (BZN)
- Introducing New York-JFK service launching three times a week May 7, increasing to daily starting May 28
- Daily service from Los Angeles (LAX) starting May 5 and from Seattle (SEA) starting May 28
- Saturday service from Detroit (DTW) beginning May 29
These additions complement our existing nonstop service from Atlanta (ATL), Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) and Salt Lake City (SLC) – together offering easy access to BZN and nearby Yellowstone National Park from anywhere across the country.
Glacier Park, Mont. (FCA)
- Daily service from LAX beginning May 28
- Introducing weekend service from SEA launching May 29
- Weekend service from ATL beginning May 29
These three routes join our twice-daily service from MSP and four-times daily service from SLC to provide convenient access to Glacier National Park and the surrounding area.
Missoula, Mont. (MSO)
- Weekend service from LAX beginning May 8 and from ATL beginning May 29
With Delta’s existing service from SLC and MSP, these flights are another gateway to enjoy Montana’s Glacier Country through MSO.
Jackson Hole, Wyo. (JAC)
- Daily service from ATL, with an extra trip on Saturdays beginning May 29
- Daily service from LAX and MSP beginning May 28
- Introducing Saturday service from DTW launching May 29
- Weekend service from SEA beginning May 29
These routes add to Delta’s year-round service from our SLC hub.
Fresno, Calif. (FAT)
- Introducing Saturday service to FAT from SEA launching May 29
Customers wanting convenient access to Yosemite National Park and other attractions in the Sierra Nevada can take advantage of this new SEA service, in addition to our enhanced four times daily nonstop service from SLC and daily LAX flight.
Rapid City, S.D. (RAP)
- Weekend service from ATL beginning May 8 and increasing to daily service on May 29
- Weekend service from DTW beginning May 29
New ATL and DTW offerings to RAP complement Delta’s up to four-times daily flights from MSP and daily SLC flight.
Reno-Tahoe, Nev. (RNO)
- Introducing weekend service to RNO from SEA launching May 8
This new SEA service builds upon our recent growth in RNO, which includes three-times daily service to LAX, a nonstop flight to ATL, and up to five daily flights from SLC.
MORE FLIGHTS TO BEACH & LEISURE DESTINATIONS
Rest, relaxation and a little fun in the sun is right around the corner this summer, with more nonstop flights from Delta’s hubs to seven leisure destinations:
- Introducing Saturday service from Boston (BOS) to Hilton Head, S.C. (HHH) launching on May 8, complementing existing daily service from ATL and LGA
- Introducing new Saturday service from Traverse City, Mich. (TVC) to BOS launching May 29
- ATL will offer daily service beginning May 29
- LGA will offer seasonal daily beginning May 5
- Daily MSP service begins May 5 and increases to three daily trips effective Memorial Day weekend, all of which adds to our existing DTW service that offers five daily trips also beginning May 5
- Weekend service from BOS to Myrtle Beach, S.C. (MYR) begins May 8, which complements existing service to ATL, DTW, LGA and MSP
- Daily service from LGA to Wilmington, N.C. (ILM) begins May 5 and complements existing daily service from ATL
- Saturday service from BOS to Norfolk, Va. (ORF) begins May 8 and increases to daily on May 28, complemented by Delta’s existing service to ATL, DTW and LGA – all of which deliver a gateway to the Outer Banks, N.C.
- Saturday service from BOS to Savannah, Ga. (SAV) begins May 8, rounding out Delta’s existing service from ATL, DTW, MSP and JFK
- Daily service to Asheville, N.C. (AVL) from LGA begins May 5 and complements existing daily service from ATL
GREATER CONNECTIVITY ACROSS U.S. NORTHEAST
New England’s scenic views and outdoor adventures to places like Acadia National Park offer a diversity of experiences for leisure travelers, which is why Delta is adding more flights to four destinations in the region:
- Introducing daily service from BOS and Saturday service from ATL to Bangor, Maine (BGR) launching on May 5 and May 8, respectively
- Saturday service from DTW also begins May 8
- Increasing service to Nantucket, Mass. (ACK) with twice-daily flights from JFK beginning May 28, and Saturday & Sunday service from LGA beginning May 29
- Daily service to Burlington, Vt. (BTV) from ATL on May 5, in addition to daily flights to DTW and JFK.
- Doubling service from JFK to Martha’s Vineyard, Mass. (MVY) to two daily flights starting May 28
MORE CARIBBEAN SERVICE
Demand remains high for Latin and Caribbean leisure travel, and Delta is planning to restart service to four more beach destinations that offer warm getaways. Beginning June 5:
- Daily service from ATL and Saturday service from JFK to Grand Cayman Islands (GCM)
- Saturday service from ATL and JFK to St. Kitts (SKB)
- Twice-weekly service from ATL to Roatan Island (RTB)
- Twice-weekly service from ATL to Bonaire (BON)
With these new resumptions and easy, convenient access through Delta’s hubs, customers have significant connection opportunities between the U.S. and the 40 destinations Delta serves across Latin America and the Caribbean.
Some routes may be operated by Delta Connection carriers Endeavor Air, Republic Airways, and SkyWest Airlines.
PUTTING CUSTOMERS FIRST
Customers can plan and book their trip with complete confidence thanks to the measures we’ve taken to provide more peace of mind, including:
- Permanently eliminating change fees to provide more flexibility when booking travel
- Creating an interactive travel map to help customers understand where we fly and the latest travel requirements or restrictions at their destination
- Deploying a dedicated team of clean ambassadors who will ensure a consistently safe and sanitized experience at more than 55 airports
- Providing COVID-19 testing resources to customers, including making it easier to understand requirements and access appropriate options prior to travel, whether by purchasing an at-home test or suggesting a nearby location for in-person testing