BANGOR, ME – American Airlines announced Wednesday two new routes for Bangor International Airport.
- Saturday service to Miami is slated to start at the end of June and run through Labor Day.
- Flights to Dallas will begin as Saturday-only service on July 3, but will begin being operated daily from mid-August to Nov. 6.
“We’re eager to add service between Bangor and our Dallas-Fort Worth and Miami hubs, complementing existing service to Charlotte and Washington-Reagan,” said Brian Znotins, American’s Vice President of Network Planning. “As customers once again embrace travel, the great outdoors are at the top of their list. These new flights also provide Mainers with expanded one-stop access to American’s global network. And whether customers are at the airport or in the air, American has taken every effort to ensure their well-being with our Clean Commitment and continued flexibility.”
American currently provides non-stop service at BGR to Philadelphia and Washington DC’s Reagan National, and seasonally to Charlotte, NC.
“American Airlines has always provided excellent service for our market and we couldn’t be more excited to offer two brand new destinations to our passengers,” said BGR Director Tony Caruso. “As more people become vaccinated, we are slowly beginning to see an increase in passenger traffic. We are fully aware that not everyone is ready to fly just yet, but when they are, we are making sure that we’re safe, clean and ready to welcome them to the airport.”
Some of these safety and cleaning measures at the airport include:
- Fogging of all public spaces and employee areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at busy locations.
- All restroom soap dispensers are using antibacterial soap.
- Cleaning measures have been increased. All surfaces that are frequently touched (door handles, push plates, sink handles, etc.) are being disinfected more frequently.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed in areas with customer contact.
- All employees have been briefed and are to use provided PPE to help protect and prevent any potential spread.
- Signage and overhead messaging of mask mandates, social distancing and hygiene practices have been added throughout our facilities.
- We continue to monitor CDC recommendations and are compliant with industry standards regarding this, and all, issues of concern.
About Bangor International Airport
Located on America’s north eastern seaboard, Bangor International Airport is the closest U.S. Port-of-Entry from Europe, providing a wide range of commercial and general aviation services. Non-stop, affordable flights to New York, Orlando/Sanford, Philadelphia, Tampa/St. Pete and Washington, D.C. are supplemented by seasonal flights to Charlotte, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Dallas. BGR is currently served by Allegiant, American, Delta, and United. The airport is a leader in transatlantic tech stops, as well as a strategically important location for the U.S. military. BGR is an enterprise funded entity operated by the City of Bangor and is supported solely through airport generated revenue. For more information, visit www.flybangor.com.