7 Pro Tips for Stress-Free Air Travel
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, air travel can be an incredibly stressful experience. Between long lines, flight delays, and inadequate seating, air travel can put even the calmest person on edge. Follow these seven pro tips to ensure your next flight will be enjoyable and stress-free.
1.) Sign up for airline loyalty programs
Many people don’t realize that most airlines offer loyalty programs. These programs are free to sign up for and can offer a variety of benefits, such as free checked bags, priority boarding, and even free or discounted upgrades. If you frequently fly, signing up for a loyalty program can help you save time and money.
2.) Check the weather forecast before you leave
Knowing what the weather will be like at your destination can help you pack appropriately and avoid any stressful surprises. Checking the forecast before you leave can also help you plan for any delays that might be caused by bad weather.
2) Book in advance
The best way to get cheap flights is to book in advance, and by that, we mean at least two weeks. This may seem like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many people wait until the last minute to book.
3) Bring comfort items from home
Bring your own pillow, blanket, and headphones to make the flight as comfortable as possible. Also, be sure to pack snacks and a water bottle to stay hydrated. And don’t forget your books or movies to keep you entertained. Dress in layers so you can adjust to the changing temperatures on the plane. Finally, try to get some sleep on the flight so you’ll be rested when you arrive at your destination.
4) Choose your seat wisely
One of the most important things you can do when booking a flight is to choose your seat wisely. Where you sit can make or break your travel experience. If you’re looking for a stress-free flight, here are seven pro tips to help you choose the best seat on the plane.
- If you’re looking for a quiet flight, try to avoid seats near the lavatories or galley. These areas tend to be noisy and busy.
- If you have a long flight ahead of you, pick a seat in an exit row, so you have extra legroom. You’ll be able to stretch out and be more comfortable during the flight.
5) Dress comfortably
Flying can be a stressful experience, but there are some things you can do to make it more bearable. First and foremost, dress comfortably. You’ll be sitting in a cramped space for hours, so you might as well be comfortable. Wear loose, breathable clothing and slip-on shoes that can easily be removed when going through security.
6) Arrive early at the airport
Even if you have a mobile boarding pass, arrive at the airport with plenty of time to spare. Why? The TSA line can be long, and you don’t want to be rushed. Plus, if your flight is delayed or canceled, you’ll have time to make alternate plans.
7) De-stress before the flight
The key to stress-free air travel is to de-stress before the flight. Here are seven pro tips to help you do just that:
- Get organized and pack your carry-on essentials the night before your flight. This will help you avoid last-minute scrambling and minimize stress.
- Dress comfortably and in layers. You never know what the temperature will be like on the plane, so it’s best to be prepared.
- Bring your own snacks and drinks. Airport food can be expensive and not always healthy. By packing your own snacks, you’ll save money and stay nourished during your travels.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water both before and during your flight.